We have another content-packed, practical and focused business-building episode this week that will truly help anyone starting their journey in the health and beauty industry, but especially anyone working in the Semi Permanent or Permanent Make Up (SPMU) side of the industry.
Today we will be discussing about how to create an income-generating business in the PMU side of the industry with my very special guest…. and she is a renowned permanent cosmetic and microblading professional, April Meese.
She believes that life rewards ‘’action-takers’’ and we can clearly see that it is indeed true since she took action to become successful.
Hint: She is really successful!!!
Now my question is…. are you an ‘’action-taker’’? If you are, grab your pen and paper and tune in to this episode for another mini masterclass!
For all the links and info visit the show notes page: Click here!
To join me on Facebook LIVE where I will be answering your questions about this episode you simply need to come and hang out at #BeautyBusinessHackers
Biggest Takeaways from April:
“The big thing is that you really have to hone in on your passion and in your why. And let the people see what you stand for and your values.”
“I like the analogy if you’re running a race, you’re focusing on the target. You can’t look to the side where your competitor is or else you’re gonna lose track and slow down. You really just have to focus for the finish line and really focus on where you want to go.”
“I really feel like the Microblading and the Permanent Cosmetics Industry is still in its infancy. There’s a lot of people that don’t know about it. It’s a huge untapped market.”
Three Biggest Takeaways:
- Everyday do something that moves the business forward.
- Invest in your business.
- Brand Messaging
“Your “Brand” is who you are, what you do or who you serve.’’
“The “Who you are” … I call it the Smoothie of Success. Find out your unique points of difference then put it all in a blender.”
“I would not focus on price, that is not the selling point.”
“When a client is coming from a referral, they are a lot more likely to buy, but they’re also more likely to be a repeat purchaser.”
“When it comes to doing Facebook Lives: Don’t delete it. Get past your self-doubt.”
“Your target market – defining what is realistic for your demographic, what’s around you and so forth and the area that you’re in and then targeting it with your messaging.”
“Define who you are, what you do and what makes you unique and then you’re gonna put that messaging in a way that appeals to them.”
“I always say this for anybody that has had self-doubt in their work, there will always be somebody better and there will always be somebody worse. The idea is really just finding your value, your message and don’t get hung up on things.”
“Learners are earners and I like to throw in at the end of that, action-takers are money-makers.”
“Life rewards action-takers.”
- Is it Possible to Succeed in Doing Semi-Permanent Make Up as a Focus in Today’s Market? (10:53)
- Three Takeaways on Starting Up (14:20)
- The Thing About Referral Partners (28:14)
- April’s Two BIG Action Items (33:37)
- What to do on Facebook Live to Get More Clients (36:15)
- How Do I Target The Right Potential Customers? (43:21)
- What Seasonal Specials Do I Offer? (45:29)
- Non-Discount Related Offers in the Semi-Permanent Makeup Industry (48:08)
- Ways for Target Audiences To Find Your Services on Different Social Media Platforms (49:19)
- Cost-effective Way of Gaining Competitive Advantage Over Competition (50:58)
- Take On Including Other Products and Services to Help Build Your Client Base (53:44)
- Should I take Advantage of Returning Clients Through Discounts or VIP Cards? (56:00)
This Episode is brought to you by:
This episode of The Beauty Business Podcast was supported by Kabbage.com.
Kabbage helps small business owners access simple and flexible funding, up to $250K, right away, without the headaches that come with applying for a traditional loan.
Special Offer for Beauty Business Podcast Listeners from Kabbage.com:
Qualify for funding and get a $50 e-gift card – Apply for up to $250,000 of funding through Kabbage, and you’ll get a $50 e-gift card when you qualify (1) . Get Started!
– Apply securely in minutes
– Access a line of credit of up to $250,000 (2)
– Withdraw what you need, when you need it
– Only pay for what you use
1. Customers who apply for a Kabbage line of credit using the link in this email and are approved will receive a $50 Tango e-gift card via email 3-4 weeks after qualifying. The Tango card can be redeemed for one gift card toward the customer’s choice of dozens of restaurants, retailers, spas or other experiences. Kabbage reserves the right to cancel the promotion at any time. This offer is single-use and non-transferrable. Valid in the US only.
2. Credit lines are subject to periodic review and change, including line reduction, line increases, or line elimination. This is not a revolving account. Individual requests for capital are separate installment loans.
LINKS MENTIONED IN THIS EPISODE:
Share a quote from this Episode:
“I like the analogy if you’re running a race, you’re focusing on the target. You can’t look to the side where your competitor is or else you’re gonna lose track and slow down. You really just have to focus for the finish line and really focus on where you want to go.” –April Meese