Are you planning to have your salon at home or is already a home based salon or spa and feeling that you are not “legit” compared to those high-end salons?
Worry no more as I am bringing an episode just for you which I am really excited about! Finally our guest is no longer busy that she has joined us to share her expertise about home based beauty businesses. Meet the founder of The Revive Company and was awarded in 2016 as Professional Beauty’s Beauty Therapist of the Year, Kerry Beavis.
Now get your notes and be prepared to list down Kerry’s tips on how to up your game as a home based beauty business!
And who knows… you can be the next Beauty Therapist of The Year after listening to this?
P.S. To show you support for The Beauty Business Podcast to be awarded as the Listener’s Choice Award at the British Podcast Award, please VOTE HERE!
For all the links, visit the show notes page: Click here!
Biggest Takeaways from Kerry:
“It is a business, I do a service I get paid for it. It’s not a hobby.”
“Just because you’re in a home, you’re not doing any less work than someone that’s got a posh spa or a beautiful salon. You can still make your home look beautiful for people and still provide a topnotch service. ”
“When you work for yourself, what you earn is what you get although you have costings obviously but you do earn more. Can’t deny it, it’s your way, your rules.”
“On Pricing: Don’t undersell yourself.”
“Social media is huge. You need to get yourself on social media to get people into your business.”
“Just think outside the box. Don’t be afraid to approach people, to collaborate with people so you’re seen as the beauty expert in your area.”
“You got to get yourself out there and be seen as the expert.”
“I think it is your duty to educate people to use this stuff and be passionate about what you sell. Don’t bother selling stuff that you don’t believe in.”
Five Top Tips to 5 Star Your Home Salon or Spa by Kerry:
- Your Five Star Customer Experience starts right at the beginning at the initial contact.
- You need to pay attention to every tiny detail
- If you go out and think of three businesses you think that give outstanding customer service…then think what you can copy and implement in your own business.
- Make sure that you’re getting in contact with clients…48 hours after their treatment.
- Just send out a handwritten card with a “Thank You” on.
Misconception about Home Salons (8:44)
Home Salons: The Good and The Bad (10:13)
Getting Clients on Home Salons (13:24)
Starting A Home Salon (14:16)
Home Salon Pricing (17:37)
Tips On Attracting Clients (20:34)
Retail Sales on Home Salons (21:29)
Five Top Tips to 5 Star Your Home Salon or Spa (25:27)
This Episode is brought to you by:
This episode of The Beauty Business Podcast was supported by Kabbage.com.
Kabbage helps small business owners access simple and flexible funding, up to $250K, right away, without the headaches that come with applying for a traditional loan.
Special Offer for Beauty Business Podcast Listeners from Kabbage.com:
Qualify for funding and get a $100 e-gift card – Apply for up to $250,000 of funding through Kabbage, and you’ll get a $100 e-gift card when you qualify (1) . Get Started!
Qualify for funding. Get a $100 e-gift card
Apply for up to $250,000 of funding through Kabbage, and you’ll get a $100 e-gift card when you qualify (1). Get Started!
– Apply securely in minutes
– Access a line of credit of up to $250,000 (2)
– Withdraw what you need, when you need it
– Only pay for what you use
1. Customers who apply for a Kabbage line of credit using the link in this email and are approved will receive a $100 Tango e-gift card via email 3-4 weeks after qualifying. The Tango card can be redeemed for one gift card toward the customer’s choice of dozens of restaurants, retailers, spas or other experiences. Kabbage reserves the right to cancel the promotion at any time. This offer is single-use and non-transferrable. Valid in the US only.
- Credit lines are subject to periodic review and change, including line reduction, line increases, or line elimination. This is not a revolving account. Individual requests for capital are separate installment loans.
LINKS MENTIONED IN THIS EPISODE:
Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/TheReviveCompany.comWixams/
Facebook Group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/1195871830547978/
Share a quote from this Episode:
Just because you’re in a home, you’re not doing any less work than someone that’s got a posh spa or a beautiful salon. You can still make your home look beautiful for people and still provide a topnotch service. -Kerry Beavis