Intro . .
Todays guest is well known in the health and beauty industry and you would have stuggled to have been to an event or read an industry magazine in the last couple of years not have have seen his name somewhere.
After being the self confessed WORST sales person ever to work in the health and leisure area of the steiner cruise liner world, he has now gone on to have personally sold well over $1.2 million worth of retail product himself in his overall career to date and now he teaches others how to do the same.
His name is Pete Scott and when I asked other people in the industry who I should invite on to the show to talk about retail . . everyone and I mean EVERYONE said I should get Pete on . . . so I did!
Pete tells his story . . . “I was the worst sales person ever!It’s time to sink or swim!”
Questions dealt with in this episode:
(1) How to combat the TV Adverts for more mainstream beauty and hair products which claim to be as good if not better than professional salon brands, but available at a much lower price and in all good supermarkets?
(. . . and yes it does sound like I say ‘pacific’ but I obviously mean ‘specific’)
(2) How can we compete with online wholesale stores that sale exactly the same products as us (i.e the same professional products we sell in store) to clients at prices much cheaper than we can offer?
(3) “You’ve got a problem – I’ve got a product for that!” – The OLD way to sell just doesn’t work these days.
(4) What can you do today to improve your retail sales?
(5) Understand your clients – it’s as easy as “Why”
(6) The “Pre-Problem-Aware” framework for better sales results (This is amazing!)
(7) Understanding The Law of Reciprocation
“If you find your self holding a product in your hand and showing your client that product . . . stop now!” -Pete Scott
(8) Give . . . give . . . give . . . give . . . give . . . result
(9) The ‘Facebook’ model for selling
(10) Why you should sell like a dentist!
(11) Price is NEVER the issue
(12) The “How Long have you . . . ” question for retail success
(13) Above all . . . genuinely care about your clients and don’t ‘expect’ the sale
Book Suggestion: To Sell is Human by Daniel Pink [Click on the Image]
The Spa Business Bootcamp – February 8th in London
World Exclusive: Announcing the Spa Beauty Success website – a brand new place to learn, interact and communicate with industry experts and other spa and beauty professionals with hours and hours of free courses . . . check it out today! [www.spabeautysuccess.com]